Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Days Nine-Fourteen : Week 2 Recap

Another week on my AMMAP journey is almost done. The diet is good, I'm eating a lot, but unfortunately I'm still not gaining weight. The simple answer is almost definitely to add more calories. I'm thinking I might want to try for 3,800 a day. I don't want to make any decisions on my next steps until after Newport. I'm going to eat with no restrictions/tracking while I'm there and just try to crush a bunch of food and see what I weigh when I get back. After I get back, I'll decide what I want to do next.

Random thoughts:
- My appetite has returned since the flu. A couple of days last week were a real challenge to even eat anything, let alone gorge myself. I'm glad that I at least feel hunger throughout the day now.
- I've not completely eliminated added sugar like I initially said. There's a few things I eat regularly that have <10g. I'm not too worried about this; overall I've cut sugars down a lot, especially refined sugars.
- Can't say that I've noticed the colostrum doing anything, but I'm still taking it. For some reason, I like taking it. We'll never know if it's having an effect.
- We restocked on creatine and I've been loading up but have noticed no additional water gain or bloating, yet.
- Generally, I feel good. The only exception is that I wake up daily with an upset stomach and little appetite. This goes away by the time I get to work, but I'm not sure what it is. I know I don't eat the most well-rounded diet so I'm sure there could be a link there. This is not new to my current diet, it's been common as long as I can remember. Other than that, I've felt like my athletic performance is beginning to be positively influenced by my focus on diet. Especially after making a tweak to my carb intake pre-workout, I've noticed a significant difference.
- I hate eating meals that aren't homemade or purchased from the grocery store. It's obnoxious to guess the calorie amounts and they're not easy to track. This is part of the reason I'm not worrying about my diet in Newport. Also tortillas.

Week 2 Caloric Goal: 23,100
Week 2 Caloric Intake: 23,243

Weight Day 1: 157.2
Weight Day 14: 156.8

No comments:

Post a Comment