I'm back. After two previously failed attempts at regular blogging (miloofcroton.blogspot.com and AMRAP), I'm giving it one more go. This blog is hopefully going to serve two purposes for me: accountability and tracking. The focus of the next 60 days is to cultivate as much mass as possible (AMMAP?!?). Depending on progress I'd ideally like to extend this up to six months; sorry M! Along the way, I'm going to challenge myself to eat cleaner as well so I end up more like this blog's namesake than I do Mac.
I think it'll be cool to try and program in small side challenges along the way, similar to Whole Life Challenge. Some examples might be learning how to butterfly kip, focusing on posture throughout the day, taking creatine EVERYDAY, or mobilizing daily.
In order to fully track my progress, I'll be weighing myself daily and charting my weight against a daily target. You can find the weight tracker on the sidebar to follow along with my daily goals.
I'll also be documenting everything I eat and consciously focusing on eating A LOT. I really don't want to count calories, but I think it's important in the early stages so that I'm not making any assumptions. As a part of this, I'll also be focusing on my 'macros' and making sure I'm getting the correct ratio of carbs:protein:fat. I'm not sure what app/tool I'll use to log my food quite yet, but I'm open to suggestions. On top of all that, I'll be experimenting with different feeding times to try and optimize for performance as well as gains.
One of the biggest obstacles in my plan is the fact that gaining weight is so much harder than losing weight. For this reason, I'm not going to ever freak out if I eat off my plan. Since clean eating is secondary to mass cultivation, a donut or two is better than skipping a meal entirely. For the same reason, my diet will be much less restrictive than a traditional paleo or primal. Let's face it, I can be a really picky eater and there's no way I'll be successful cutting essentials like dairy or starch.
Stay tuned for tomorrow's blog entry as I lay out the details of what I will be eating and what I won't be eating. Also, I'm going to lay out some incentives to keep me honest. This will likely involve $ donations or other punishments for failing to do what I set out. I'm looking for suggestions here as well.
-C, out
P.S. I know allusion is usually subtle, but I wanted to make sure you both understood the blog's name. Be Like Mike
P.P.S. I probably won't ever write a post this long or intelligible again. One of my most well documented traits is my tendency to get really excited about things and then give up on them not long after.
No comments:
Post a Comment